Associate in Applied Science
Bachelor of Science
A degree in Business from SMC will prepare you for an exciting career in business, marketing, and more.
The program melds business theories and practices, technology, and communication to give you a solid introduction to the business field. The practical coursework will have you build a business plan, develop a marketing plan, and apply your learning in an internship. You’ll develop all the skills hiring managers are looking for such as cost control, sales and marketing, project management, financial analysis, technological aptitude, professionalism, and communication.
Plus you can specialize in an area that suits your interests such as office assistant or office management. You can also enhance your resume with a certificate in small business management/entrepreneurship, office assistant/specialist, human resource management (through Ferris), international business (Ferris), or leadership and supervision (Ferris).
The programs are designed to blend seamlessly into any of the Ferris @ SMC bachelor in business programs. Plus with the Ferris @ SMC program you can take three years of classes at SMC’s low tuition and only one year at Ferris’ tuition.
The Business degree is also offered at the Niles Campus.
Associate in Applied Science Degrees
- Office Assistant / Specialist
- Small Business Management / Entrepreneurship
- Human Resource Management (Ferris State University)
- International Business (Ferris State University)
- Leadership and Supervision (Ferris State University)
- Business Administration (Ferris State University)
- Business Administration/Professional Track (Ferris State University)
- Organizational Management (Bethel College)
Why Business at Southwestern Michigan College and Ferris State University?