To apply for Southwestern Michigan College scholarships,
- You must apply for admission to the college.
- Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid form (FAFSA). On the FAFSA make sure to mark SMC’s Federal School Code: 002317.
- Request official transcripts or GED verification in writing from your high school and/or previous colleges as well as any testing scores that apply.
Send official high school transcripts to:
Southwestern Michigan College
ATTN: Admissions Office
58900 Cherry Grove Rd.
Dowagiac, MI 49047
800-456-8675, ext. 1499
Numerous scholarships totaling many thousands of dollars are provided by area residents, Southwestern Michigan College’s faculty and staff, and other sources. These include:
- Current Michigan high school students can take the ACT competitive examination in an effort to earn a state scholarship through the Michigan Competitive Scholarship.
- Southwestern Michigan College offers a variety of scholarships for graduating high school students who have excelled in academics.
- Through the generous support and contributions of individuals and organizations, Southwestern Michigan College is able to offer financial assistance through Restricted Endowed Scholarships.
- Students who live in Cass County and Hamilton and Keeler townships in Van Buren County can apply for a $500 scholarship through their township office.
- Private scholarships through businesses, organizations, and individuals are sometimes available.