To apply for Southwestern Michigan College scholarships,
- You must apply for admission to the college.
- Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid form (FAFSA). On the FAFSA make sure to mark SMC’s Federal School Code: 002317.
- Request official transcripts or GED verification in writing from your high school and/or previous colleges as well as any testing scores that apply.
Send official high school transcripts to:
Southwestern Michigan College
ATTN: Admissions Office
58900 Cherry Grove Rd.
Dowagiac, MI 49047
800-456-8675, ext. 1499
Numerous scholarships totaling many thousands of dollars are provided by area residents, Southwestern Michigan College’s faculty and staff, and other sources. These include:
- Southwestern Michigan College offers a variety of scholarships for graduating high school students who have excelled in academics. Students are automatically considered for these scholarships after submitting an application for admission and official transcripts are received. Students must be a US citizen or permanent resident to receive a scholarship.
- Graduating high school seniors can also apply for talent scholarships in the areas of band, choir, theatre, creative writing, drawing/painting/ceramics, art education, advanced technology and graphic design. Students who apply may be contacted by the department for which they are applying to schedule an audition or interview.
- Through the generous support and contributions of individuals and organizations, Southwestern Michigan College is able to offer financial assistance through Restricted Endowed Scholarships.
- Current Michigan high school students can take the ACT competitive examination in an effort to earn a state scholarship through the Michigan Competitive Scholarship.
- Private scholarships through businesses, organizations, and individuals are sometimes available.