rschmeichel's picture

To apply for Southwestern Michigan College scholarships,

  1. You must apply for admission to the college.
  2. Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid form (FAFSA). On the FAFSA make sure to mark SMC’s Federal School Code: 002317.
  3. Request official transcripts or GED verification in writing from your high school and/or previous colleges as well as any testing scores that apply.

    Send official high school transcripts to:
    Southwestern Michigan College
    ATTN: Admissions Office
    58900 Cherry Grove Rd.
    Dowagiac, MI 49047
    800-456-8675, ext. 1499

Numerous scholarships totaling many thousands of dollars are provided by area residents, Southwestern Michigan College’s faculty and staff, and other sources. These include:

  • Current Michigan high school students can take the ACT competitive examination in an effort to earn a state scholarship through the Michigan Competitive Scholarship.
  • Southwestern Michigan College offers a variety of scholarships for graduating high school students who have excelled in academics. Students are automatically considered for these scholarships after submitting an application for admission and official transcripts are received.
  • Through the generous support and contributions of individuals and organizations, Southwestern Michigan College is able to offer financial assistance through Restricted Endowed Scholarships.
  • Students who live in Cass County and Hamilton and Keeler townships in Van Buren County can apply for a $500 scholarship through their township office.
  • Private scholarships through businesses, organizations, and individuals are sometimes available.