Be a College Honors Student While in High School
SMC welcomes eligible dual enrolled students to participate in the Honors Program.
Honors Program—Dual-enrolled Track
The dual-enrolled track of the Honors Program is essentially early admittance to the regular Honors Program. Students may enroll in Honors sections of SMC classes and take part in Honors activities. Students are expected to be active in their high schools the same way that traditional Honors students are active in the SMC community. Courses are concentrated on the Dowagiac campus.
Dual-enrolled students must…
- Be a high school senior
- Have dual enrolled at SMC for at least one year
- Have at least a 3.5 GPA for 12+ credits at 100 level or above
- Not require any transitional or developmental courses such as Math 101
How to Apply
- Complete steps 1-4 of How to Become a Dual-enrolled Student.
- Apply to the Honors Program as a dual enrolled student.
You will need to...
- Fill out the online application.
- Submit a 250-500 word essay.
- Submit two letters of recommendation, one from a high school teacher and one from an SMC faculty member.
- Provide contact information for current instructors.
- Complete steps 5-8 of How to Become a Dual-enrolled Student.