2015-2016 Military Service Scholarship Application
Status messageSubmissions for this form are closed.
Through a generous donation to Southwestern Michigan College, the Financial Aid Office is pleased to announce the availability of the Military Service Scholarship.
The qualifications for this scholarship are:
- U.S. veteran or spouse of a veteran
- Current student with a minimum of a 2.0 GPA and 12 completed credit hours earned at SMC
- Enrolled at least half time (6 credit hours)
- Submission of DD-214
- A completed 2015-2016 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file in the financial aid office
- A typed 500 words or less essay that answers the following questions as specifically as possible:
- How has serving your country (as a military member or spouse) prepared you to succeed in college?
- If you receive this scholarship, how would it help you succeed in the rest of your college career?
Military scholarship applications are currently not being accepted.