Your college career is about to begin! Start off on the right track by attending a Freshman Friday orientation session.
Freshman Friday is your chance to get acquainted with campus and student services, learn how the college and your instructors will communicate with you and learn how to get involved in student activities.
Afterward you can stroll campus to find your classrooms, take care of any remaining business and meet the staff that will be working with you during your time as a student.
Things to do at Freshman Friday
- Attend orientation session
- Tour campus and find classrooms
- Get student I.D.
- Take placement tests
- Register for classes
- Get copy of student schedule
- Reset SMC Wired password (if it’s not working for any reason)
- Check on Financial Aid
- Meet the staff
- Buy books (If you plan to use financial aid to buy books, funds will not be available until two weeks prior to the start of the semester)
August 5, 12, 19, 26, 2016
10 a.m.-12 p.m.
Check-in begins at 9:30 a.m.
Mathews Conference Center
Student Service Center
Phone: 800-456-8675, ext. 1499