Southwestern Michigan College offers the convenience of ordering your official transcripts online when paying by credit or debit card.
- All financial obligations to Southwestern Michigan College must be met before an official transcript can be released. An official transcript displays the college seal.
- Transcripts may not be picked up by a third party unless the student has given written authorization with the request.
- A photo ID is required for transcript pickup.
- SMC does not accept faxed or emailed transcript requests.
SMC has authorized SCRIP-SAFE International to provide our online transcript ordering system. You must pay by credit or debit card to order online. If the receiving institution accepts an electronic transcript the cost is $3. If the receiving institution accepts only paper transcripts the cost is $5.
- Current students may order transcripts online through SMC Wired at smcwired.swmich.edu. After logging in to SMC Wired click on the My Resources tab. From the Category Navigation menu on the right, click Records then Official Transcript Request. Under Option 1, Click "Click here to verify your information and continue placing your order." Follow the instructions on the SCRIP-SAFE International site.
- Former students/alumni may order online via SCRIP-SAFE International. The first time you log in on https://iwantmytranscript.com/swmich you will need to create an account with Transcripts on Demand by selecting Southwestern Michigan College and click on the Sign-up button.
- If you are a first-time visitor, you will be directed to create a personal profile and user ID/password, which you will use to place future orders. A signed consent form will be required one time. Please have your credit or debit card available.
- In Person
Cost per official transcript is $5 with payment by cash or check only. Payment must be made at the Business Office at the Dowagiac campus or Niles Area Campus. A receipt must be obtained.
Complete the Official College Transcript Request form and deliver the form and receipt to the Records office at the address shown on the right.
Transcripts may also be ordered by mail at a cost of $5 per transcript payable by check or money order. Complete the Official College Transcript Request form, print, and sign. Mail form and payment to the address located on the right of this page.