Participating in the TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) program gives you personal attention and extra support to help you excel in college! Our mission is to increase retention, graduation, and transfer to four-year colleges and universities through support and encouragement.
Eligible students must meet one of the following qualifiers:
- First generation college student (neither parent earned a bachelor’s degree)
- Low income, based on federal guidelines
- Have a documented disability
- Advising and Course Selection-The TRIO SSS Program assists you in making smart educational decisions including course selection, graduation requirements and transfer planning.
- Financial Education-We help you understand your financial aid package. We also provide budgeting resources and tips to becoming a money savvey student.
- Tutoring-Free individualized peer and professional assistance.
- Career Exploration-We have the resources to help you explore major options and career pathways.
- Free Workshops, Campus Visits and Cultural Enrichment Opportunities-Travel to four-year colleges, museums or theaters free of charge. Participate in volunteer activities such as Habitat for Humanity. Our workshops can help with stress management, test-taking skills, and money management.
- Scholarships-Educational scholarships awarded annually for eligible participants.