Skip to main content

Transfer Resource Services

Contact Information

Phone: 800-456-8675, ext. 1303

Many students attend Southwestern Michigan College to obtain the first two years of a baccalaureate degree prior to attending a four-year college or university.

An Associate in Arts or an Associate in Science degree from SMC also meets the general requirements for many four-year colleges and universities. Because core courses in the areas of communications, humanities, social sciences, mathematics, and natural sciences are fairly standard throughout the country, students are able to readily transfer their credits to in-state and out-of-state institutions.

Students can access transfer school materials, work on their applications, meet with SMC and transfer school advisors, and plan their transfer in Transfer Resource Services located in the Academic Advising and Resource Center in the David C. Briegel Building.

Note: Southwestern Michigan College does its best to maintain accurate information in the transfer pathways and transfer equivalencies. As a result of continual change, final responsibility for successful transfer of classes suggested in these links rests with the student and communication with the transfer institution.