Join us as we graduate our 56th class of students.
School of Arts and Sciences
(includes graduates of our partner Michigan State University programs)
Saturday, April 29 | 10 a.m. | Theatre in the Dale A. Lyons Building, Dowagiac Campus
Graduates should check-in to the William P.D. O’Leary Building between 8:30-9 a.m. The O’Leary Building is directly across from the Lyons Building.
School of Business and Advanced Technology
School of Nursing and Health Services
Saturday, April 29 | 1 p.m. | Theatre in the Dale A. Lyons Building, Dowagiac Campus
Graduates should check-in to the William P.D. O’Leary Building between 11:30 a.m.-12 p.m. The O’Leary Building is directly across from the Lyons Building.
Dowagiac Campus Map | Driving Directions
Our favorite day of the year is drawing near! We are more excited than ever to celebrate the accomplishments of the 2023 graduates. We couldn’t be more proud of them.
Here are a few details to help you prepare for Commencement, Saturday, April 29, 2023.
Guests may park for free in the parking lots at either the Dailey Road or Cherry Grove Road entrances. The Cherry Grove Road parking lot is closer to the Lyons Building, but both lots are just a short walk away from the ceremonies.
Earning a degree or certificate is a huge accomplishment that deserves to be celebrated with loved ones. SMC strives to have at least two guests per graduate present on their big day. To fill the limited seating space available in the theatre in the Dale A. Lyons Building, and ensure each graduate will have guests present to watch them cross the stage, each graduate will receive two (2) tickets for entrance into the theatre in the Dale A. Lyons Building.
Additional guests (guests without tickets) are invited to view the ceremony via live stream in the Fred L. Mathews Library and Conference Center.
Guests who are not able to come to campus may watch the ceremonies live on the SMC YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/@SWMichCollege).
Doors will open to guests at 8:45 a.m. for the 10 a.m. Commencement ceremony and at 11:45 a.m. for the 1 p.m. Commencement ceremony. Guests planning to be seated in the theatre in the Dale A. Lyons Building must bring their tickets with them and approach the Guest Check-In Area upon arrival.
Again, please note tickets are only required for entrance into the theatre in the Dale A. Lyons Building. No tickets are necessary for additional guests to watch the live stream in Fred L. Mathews Library and Conference Center.
Information for Graduates
- Graduates should check in to the William P.D. O’Leary Building on the Dowagiac Campus 1 hour and 15 minutes before the beginning of the Commencement ceremony.
- Graduates should not bring coats, purses, or other personal items with them into the check-in location, as there are no secure facilities in which to leave them.
- Graduates should bring their cell phones in order to complete the online form from Graduation Foto.
- Honors cords will be distributed at the Graduate Check-in Station on graduation day.
- All graduates will be photographed by a professional photographer as they walk across the stage. Graduates will receive information on how to purchase these images at a later date.
Getting Your Diploma
- Diplomas will be available for pickup 5-7 weeks after the end of the semester. If you do not pick up your diploma, it will be mailed to the most recent address we have on file for you. Check your SMC email for pick-up notification.
- Restrooms will be available in the Daugherty, Lyons, O’Leary, and Briegel Buildings.
- No vending machines or refreshments will be available. Water will be available at the information desk.
- Pets will not be permitted at the ceremony.