Educational Talent Search (ETS) is a federally funded TRiO Program committed to enhancing and ensuring the academic and personal success of selected eligible students. ETS advocates for the successful completion of high school and to advance on to college and/or training after high school. The aim of ETS is to provide opportunities for students to reach their maximum potential.
All ETS services are free to participants.
- Development of Interpersonal Skills
- Academic Assistance and Tutoring
- ACT/SAT Test Information
- Study Skills Information
- Career Exploration/Information
- Conflict Resolution
- College Selection and Preparation
- Financial Aid Information
- Field Trips and Special Events
- Goal-Setting and Decision-Making Exercises
- Self-Discovery Projects
- Guest Speakers
- Service Learning Projects
- College Visits
ETS services students in 6th-12th grade in Brandywine, Cassopolis, Dowagiac, Edwardsburg, and Marcellus school districts.
ETS is specifically funded to service 750 students who meet at least one of the following criteria:
- The student is a potential first generation college student (parent(s) or guardian(s) did not receive a four-year college degree).
- The student’s family income meets U.S. Department of Education income guidelines for taxable income.
- The student is enrolled in any target middle, high or alternative school.
How to Participate
Print and fill out the ETS Student Application linked under Helpful Links on the right and return it to the ETS office or to your guidance counselor. All fields on the application must be completed before a student can be considered.
You will receive an letter upon acceptance. Once approved, participants may remain active in ETS through high school graduation. ETS Advisors will continue to track and advise students 6 years after their high school graduation.