Bookstore Annex, Room 905
next to the Dale A. Lyons Building
Phone: 800-456-8675, ext. 1384
The SMC Bookstore has all the books, course materials and supplies you’ll need for class as well as the SMC fan gear you need to show your school pride. From t-shirts and other apparel, gifts and accessories to housing essentials, snacks, computers and printers, the official SMC campus store has it all!
While the bookstore is closed due to the coronavirus, you may purchase textbooks and supplies for class online at shopsouthwestern.com or by using Student Discover in SMC Wired. When you arrive at the store's web page, enter your student ID to see the list of books you need for the courses you are taking.
Your purchase will be shipped to your home at the bookstore's standard rate of $7.50 or for free on purchases greater than $100. In-store pick up at the Dowagiac and Niles campuses will not be available while the campus is closed.
Student Discover is a web app that allows students to view and purchase all their books and course materials in one portal immediately after registering for classes. To access Student Discover, click the Bookstore link under My Courses in SMC Wired, then click the Follett Discover box in the right column.
Fall 2020 Financial Aid Bookstore Policy
- As established by SMC's Office of Financial Aid, a limit of $1500 of financial aid can be used at the bookstore during each semester book-voucher period. For the Fall 2020 term, financial aid is available for use in the bookstore beginning Monday, August 24, 2020.
- Financial aid should only be used to buy required books, supplies and technology needed for the classes you are enrolled in for each semester. No food, beverage or other consumables may be purchased using financial aid.
- There are limitations to the amount of non-course related materials that may be purchased using financial aid.
- Financial aid may be used to purchase one laptop or tablet once every three years. The maximum amount of financial aid that may be spent on a laptop is $650; the maximum amount that may be spent on a tablet is $400. In order for financial aid to pay for software, it must be a course requirement.
- Financial aid may only be used for headphones that are required for a course, and the cost may not exceed $50.
- Financial aid may only be used by the financial aid recipient, and a student ID and/or other photo ID is required.
- The final day to use financial aid for campus store purchases for Fall 2020 is Tuesday, September 22, 2020. The final day for refunds or exchanges of course materials is Wednesday, September 16, 2020.