Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Friday, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
Bookstore Annex, Room 905
next to the Dale A. Lyons Building
Phone: 800-456-8675, ext. 1384
The Bookstore has all the books and supplies you’ll need for classes as well as SMC apparel and accessories, snacks, printers and computers and student housing essentials.
Students can buy their books at the Bookstore or online at shopsouthwestern.com or by using Student Discover in SMC Wired. When ordering online, you can have books shipped to your home for a flat rate of $7.50 or you can have them shipped to the SMC Bookstore or the Niles Campus for free.
Note: Books shipped to Niles will arrive first at the Dowagiac campus and then be sent to Niles. You will receive a notification when your books have arrived at the Dowagiac campus, but they still need to be sent to Niles. Either call the Niles campus and ask if your books are there before you go or wait to pick them up until you get a phone call from someone at Niles letting you know your books are there.
Student Discover is a web app that allows students to view and purchase all their books and course materials in one portal immediately after registering for classes. To access Student Discover, click the Bookstore link under My Courses in SMC Wired, then click the Follett Discover box in the right column.
You will need to have your class schedule with you when you buy books from the bookstore. A computer and printer is available at the bookstore to view and print your schedule, but to save time, print it out ahead of time, or bring your smartphone to view your schedule on your phone.
Spring 2017 Financial Aid Bookstore Policy
- There is a limit of $1500 for financial aid that can be used at the Bookstore during each semester book voucher period. For the Spring 2017 semester, financial aid is available for use in the bookstore beginning Wednesday, December 28, 2016.
- Financial aid should only be used to buy required books, supplies and technology needed for the classes you are enrolled in for each semester. No food, beverage or other consumables may be purchased using financial aid.
- There are limitations to the amount of non-course related materials that may be purchased using financial aid.
- Financial aid may be used to purchase one laptop or tablet once every three years. The maximum that may be spent on a laptop using financial aid is $650; tablet is $400. In order for financial aid to pay for software, it must be a course requirement. Microsoft Office Student is an allowable software.
- Financial aid may only be used for headphones that are required for a course and the cost may not exceed $50.
- Financial aid may only be used by the financial aid recipient and picture identification is required.
- The final day to use financial aid for campus store purchases for Spring 2017 is Thursday, January 19, 2017.