Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Friday, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
Bookstore Annex, Room 905
next to the Dale A. Lyons Building
Phone: 800-456-8675, ext. 1384
The SMC Bookstore has all the books, course materials and supplies you’ll need for class as well as the SMC fan gear you need to show your school pride. From t-shirts and other apparel, gifts and accessories to housing essentials, snacks, computers and printers, the official SMC campus store has it all!
Students can buy their books at the Bookstore or online at shopsouthwestern.com or by using Student Discover in SMC Wired. When ordering online, you can have books shipped to your home for a flat rate of $7.50 or you can have them shipped to the SMC Bookstore or the Niles Campus for free.
Note: Books shipped to Niles will arrive first at the Dowagiac campus and then be sent to Niles. You will receive a notification when your books have arrived at the Dowagiac campus, but they still need to be sent to Niles. Either call the Niles campus and ask if your books are there before you go or wait to pick them up until you get a phone call from someone at Niles letting you know your books are there.
Student Discover is a web app that allows students to view and purchase all their books and course materials in one portal immediately after registering for classes. To access Student Discover, click the Bookstore link under My Courses in SMC Wired, then click the Follett Discover box in the right column.
Your student ID will be required to pull your list of materials and purchase them from the bookstore. A computer and printer is available at the bookstore to view and print your list of materials, but to save time, print it out ahead of time by visiting our Get My List website, or bring your smartphone to view your list of materials on your phone.
Spring 2020 Financial Aid Bookstore Policy
- As established by SMC's Office of Financial Aid, a limit of $1500 of financial aid can be used at the bookstore during each semester book-voucher period. For the Spring 2020 term, financial aid is available for use in the bookstore beginning Monday, December 30, 2019.
- Financial aid should only be used to buy required books, supplies and technology needed for the classes you are enrolled in for each semester. No food, beverage or other consumables may be purchased using financial aid.
- There are limitations to the amount of non-course related materials that may be purchased using financial aid.
- Financial aid may be used to purchase one laptop or tablet once every three years. The maximum amount of financial aid that may be spent on a laptop is $650; the maximum amount that may be spent on a tablet is $400. In order for financial aid to pay for software, it must be a course requirement.
- Financial aid may only be used for headphones that are required for a course, and the cost may not exceed $50.
- Financial aid may only be used by the financial aid recipient, and a student ID and/or other photo ID is required.
- The final day to use financial aid for campus store purchases for Spring 2020 is Monday, January 27, 2020. The final day for refunds or exchanges of course materials is Wednesday, January 22, 2020.